Athletic Greens is an adaptive dietary supplement that complements your diet’s nutritional needs.
The supplement is low-calorie, vegan, and ideal for an energy boost.
Athletic Greens have 50 calories in every serving. The packaging suggests that you only have one scoop every day regardless of your health goals.
The low-calorie and the low-carb recipe is perfect for those who want an advanced multivitamin that does not threaten your weight loss goals.
Athletic Greens is a gluten-free powdered green that you can take as a multivitamin or a power shake.
Arguably, it is one of the most vitamin-rich dietary supplements on the market.
The human body needs a minimum of 1 cup of vegetables daily. However, due to daily responsibilities, many adults don’t get to fulfill this requirement.
Powdered greens are an easy way to achieve your required amount of vegetables.
Powdered greens are a nutritional supplement commonly made of dried leafy greens, grasses, antioxidant-rich fruits, probiotics, and herbs.
In most cases, powdered greens are dietary supplements, meal replacements, weight-loss aids, or other health-related tools.
There’s a brand of powdered greens for everyone. Suppose you don’t have a diet dominant with vegetables.
In that case, you can use them to experience the same health benefits of at least one cup of vegetables.
- About 3 grams (0.11 ounce) of protein
- Approximately 45 calories
- An estimated 6 grams (0.21 ounce) of carbohydrates
- 60% or less of your daily value of Vitamin A
- Large amounts of Calcium, Iodine, Chromium, Potassium, and Iodine
Athletic Greens are an example of an excellent greens powder that meets and exceeds the normal expectations of dried greens.
How Many Calories Per Serving Of Athletic Greens?
The calories provided by your greens supplement matter a great deal.
As mentioned, Athletic Greens states that it only has 50 calories per serving.
Also, when compared to the standard for greens supplement, Athletic Greens has 6 grams of carbs, less than 1 gram of protein, and more than 60% of your daily value of Vitamin A.
Above all, when choosing a greens supplement, the calorie count and nutritional values matter most of all.
Whether your goal is weight management, muscular gain, or a healthier body, you need a supplement that is in line with these.
Athletic Greens can support all of these goals. This makes it an all-in-one supplement for all fitness levels.
Does Athletic Greens Help You Lose Weight?
Athletic Greens has the potential to help with weight loss. As a supplement, it is practically sugar-free with no harmful chemicals that encourage weight gain.
The powdered greens are weight-loss friendly but should not be your primary weight management tool.
There are some ingredients mixed into the recipe that can boost your metabolism and help you burn calories like:
Therefore, if you already have a diet that has a caloric deficit, Athletic Greens can aid your weight loss in the following ways:
- Encouraging fat-burn
- Improving cholesterol levels
- Activating the fat-burning capacity of your cells
- Reduce oxidative stress that leads to weight gain
Despite weight loss not being the product’s focal point, your weight management can still benefit from Athletic Greens’ nutrient blend features.
Using its complete nutrient mix can also help you maintain a healthy metabolism.
How Many Carbs in Athletic Greens?
An essential feature of Athletic Greens is that they have fewer carbohydrates than many other dietary supplements on the market.
Athletic Greens has six grams (0.21 ounce) of carbohydrates in a 12 g (0.42 oz) serving. Seeing that it is low-carb, adding Athletic Greens to a regular diet will help:
- Reduce your appetite
- Improve fat loss around your abdominal area
- Boost the level of good cholesterol in your body.
For people trying to maintain a keto-diet, Athletic Greens is a good option.
They will not interfere with your diet and significantly add to the dietary benefits you are already experiencing.
Can I Take Athletic Greens While Fasting?
Usually, during a fast, you would restrict yourself from any calories at all.
However, there are different types of fasting and, for some, you can consume Athletic Greens during the fast.
Athletic Greens can be taken during intermittent fasting but not on a calorie-restricted fast.
It is ideal for avoiding fatigue and tiredness when practicing seasonal eating. Additionally, Athletic Greens can help keep your appetite under control so you won’t break your fast.
According to Trainer Josh, using Athletic Greens will technically not interfere with your fast.
The Athletic Greens formula does not cause an insulin response, so it is in line with the usual fasting standards.
However, this applies only to intermittent fasting.
Thus if you practice seasonal fasting, then Athletic Greens is an appropriate shake during your fasting periods.
Can You Take Athletic Greens Twice Daily?
Athletic Greens are meant to add to your diet, not become your sole food supply.
The manufacturers of Athletic Greens suggest taking it just once a day to optimize nutrient absorption.
Some fitness sources say it is safe to consume Athletic Greens twice daily.
However, in doing this, you increase the chance of vitamin overload.
It is okay to take Athletic Greens twice a day, but you should do this rarely.
For example, suppose you’ve been too busy to have three square meals one day. In that case, it’s possible to use Athletic Greens to supplement your irregular eating patterns of that day.
But the manufacturer, and most health experts, do not suggest having such a vitamin-rich powder several times in one day.
If you take a look at the nutrient supply in these powdered greens, you will notice that it contains:
- 700% of the recommended value of Vitamin C
- 334% of the daily value of vitamin E
- 62% of your body’s daily Vitamin A requirements
- 100% of your necessary Niacin
- 100% of the recommended amount of Folate
- 367% of the daily value of Vitamin B12
Note: these are only a few of the many vitamins in Athletic Greens.
The others provide between 2% and 500% of your recommended servings per day.
These numbers are significant because doubling your daily intake of Athletic Greens also doubles your vitamin consumption.
Too many vitamins are associated with several health risks, including:
- Stomach cramps. This results from too much Vitamin C.
- Overdosing of Vitamin C causes loose bowels.
- Nerve Damage
- Hair Loss
- Problems with digestion
- Difficulty sleeping
Athletic Greens can indeed adapt to your body’s needs, but that does not change its nutritional value.
Therefore, consistently taking two servings of Athletic Greens will lead to health complications not intended by the product.
What Are the Health Benefits of Athletic Greens?
The previously mentioned health advantages of Athletic Greens are:
- Potential increase in metabolism
- Enhanced energy levels
- Nutrient supplementation
Athletic Greens is a nutritionally complete greens supplement with vast health benefits that can satisfy all-ages, athletic levels, and diets.
It is allergen-free and can even aid in weight loss management.
Truthfully, it is one of the most potent superfood blends available for consumers.
Athletic Greens have even more health benefits thanks to select ingredients, including:
- Improving digestion. The added probiotics help your body absorb food and dispose of waste better.
- Enhanced food absorption. The enzymes and mushroom complex improves nutrient absorption of your daily meals.
- Guarding your cells against damage. The antioxidant ingredients combat free radicals that can harm your cells.
- Increased immunity. The high Vitamin C content bolsters your immune system.
- More efficient energy conversion. The Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) blended into the formula is excellent for converting your glucose intake into energy.
- Balancing gut bacteria. Ingredients like artichoke, barley grass, and more support healthy bacterial growth in your gut.
- Cardiovascular support. The organic beetroot powder included in the mix significantly increases the chance of you having a healthy heart.
- Anti-aging properties
- Prebiotics benefits. Ingredients like Inulin stimulate the growth of useful gut bacteria.
- Builds healthier cells. Lecithin aids your cells by helping them construct strong defenses and healthy cell walls.
- Enhanced brain functions. The grapeseed extract supports a fit brain leading to improved focus and memory.
- Repairing skin cells. Added grape seed helps your skin cells to regenerate quickly.
- DNA protection. Cocoa bean extract guards from toxic chemicals that damage your cells and DNA.
For many vegans and people practicing plant-based diets, nutrients like B12 and zinc are lacking.
Therefore, Athletic Greens can help them obtain what their eating habits do not.
Athletic Greens are abnormally higher in vitamins and minerals for a greens powder. It also provides much more than just minerals. The adaptogenic ingredients can help manage stress and even aid in healthy blood pressure.
Additionally, Athletic Greens are certified by NSF Sport. So athletes can rest assured knowing that they are ingesting the cleanest materials possible.
The main drawback of Athletic Greens is their cost.
But your health is an investment, and it’s crucial to make wise decisions and choose the best products possible to maintain your well-being.